- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Iran threatens lawsuit over the movie ‘Argo’
Question of the Day
State-run media outlets in Iran have painted “Argo,” the Oscar-winning film about Americans held hostage by Iranians in the 1979, as propaganda and are considering a lawsuit against Hollywood moviemakers.
French lawyer Isabelle Coutant-Peyre is in Iran to discuss a possible lawsuit with several media outlets, The Associated Press reports. Government officials already denounced the film as a piece of CIA-fueled propaganda in February, but Iranian culture officials who just saw it are incensed and claim they have a legal redress for portraying the nation in a false, negative light.
It’s an “unrealistic portrayal,” Iran authorities say in the AP report.
Ms. Coutant-Peyre is the same lawyer who represented Ilich Ramirez Sanchez — better known as Carlos the Jackal, the Venezuelan-born terrorist, AP reports.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- John McCain laments: Obama's 'self-pity … is really kind of sad'
- Michele Bachmann 'There's a chance I could run' for president
- U.S. Navy admiral 'receptive' to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Tennessee restaurant: 'Guns are Welcome' signs cause business to spike
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq