- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Penske Racing president has 2nd job with son’s car
Carefully, too, of course.
“My day job’s a lot easier than being a father and a car owner,” he said Tuesday during a break from IndyCar testing at Barber Motorsports Park.
Austin Cindric is the only 14-year-old currently competing in that series. Part of the Mazda Road to Indy ladder, USF2000 lowered its age limits to allow 14-year-olds to seek admission this year and dad thinks he’s up to the challenge.
“For me as a father, I’d much rather he have a golf club in his hand than a steering wheel.”
Austin, says the proud dad, is “basically a straight-A student” who plays in the band at Cannon School in Concord, N.C.
He got a little ribbing from the Andretti crew for doing homework for a Chinese class in between testing sessions at a previous stop. Then came another reality check.
“He went from running 150 miles an hour to going back to the eighth grade,” Cindric said. “He said it’s a pretty big change.”
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again