- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Sammy Hagar won’t redo beach bar damaged by Sandy
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - He can’t drive 55, and he can’t reach a deal to rebuild a beach bar damaged by Superstorm Sandy, either.
Rocker Sammy Hagar won’t be back in Atlantic City this summer. He failed to reach a deal with the casino company that owns a bar that had been known as Sammy’s Beach Bar for the past three years.
The former Van Halen singer says on his website he couldn’t agree with Caesars Entertainment on a deal to operate the bar this summer. Hagar says he’s looking for a new partnership in the region.
A Caesars spokeswoman says the bar will be repaired and open by May under the name Bally’s Beach Bar. She says the disagreement with Hagar was purely financial.
Hagar now fronts the band Chickenfoot.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.