- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Bryant sprains ankle in closing seconds of loss
ATLANTA (AP) - Los Angeles star Kobe Bryant severely sprained his left ankle after missing a game-tying shot in the closing seconds of a loss to the Atlanta Hawks.
The Lakers said he’s out indefinitely, just as the team is pushing for a playoff spot after a miserable start.
The injury occurred Wednesday night after Bryant put up the baseline jumper with 3 seconds remaining. His left foot landed on defender Dahntay Jones’ right foot, twisting awkwardly as Bryant crumpled to the court.
He remained down for a few seconds, then hobbled to the bench. Bryant seemed perturbed that he couldn’t stay in the game, but he had to come out since the Lakers had no timeouts. Kyle Korver hit two free throws to clinch Atlanta’s 96-92 win.
X-rays were negative.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.