- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Google’s top Android exec unexpectedly steps down
Rubin’s job got even tougher last year after Google bought cellphone maker Motorola Mobility for $12.4 billion. That deal raised concerns among other smartphone makers that Motorola Mobility might get preferential treatment from Android. The tensions injected a new dynamic into Rubin’s duties as he sought to reassure device makers that Google intends to treat all its Android partners equally.
“I would imagine it was somewhat difficult for him to be focused on relationship management, given that he is really an entrepreneur at heart,” Olson said. “Rubin took what was essentially a non-existent business in Android and made it into this global powerhouse. At this point, a lot of fun has been probably been wrung out of it.”
Now that Android is firmly established, Milanesi predicted Google will focus on figuring out more ways to increase mobile advertising revenue.
Although he isn’t focused on advertising sales, Pichai’s success with the Chrome browser during the past four years has helped Google generate more revenue. That’s because Google gains more insights into people’s preferences as they use the Chrome browser to surf the Web. Google says more than 310 million people use Chrome.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.