- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
John Wall leads Wizards past Bucks
Whatever was said during that third-quarter timeout Wednesday night worked.
“Oh, that’s coaching. C’mon,” Wittman said emphatically. “I love that.”
Wall said the dispute centered around how the Wizards defended Ersan Ilyasova, who finished with 21 points and 12 rebounds.
“Just us being both competitive and being on different pages,” Wall said. “But we talked about it, and we did a great job in the fourth quarter of keeping Ilyasova from getting hot.”
“He was screaming at us like a father would to his children,” Webster said. “But the message we took was that, ‘Hey, listen, we’ve got to play better. We can’t keep doing this to ourselves.’ We put our foot down right there, and that’s when we decided to get back into the game.”
It was Wall’s seventh double-double of the season. He also added six rebounds and four steals.
The Wizards (21-42) have won three straight home games and eight of 11 in Washington.
Monta Ellis led Milwaukee with 26 points. The Bucks (32-31) are now eight games ahead of the Toronto Raptors for the No. 8 seed and 2 1/2 games behind the Boston Celtics and Atlanta Hawks for the No. 6 seed.
“We haven’t secured anything,” said J.J. Redick, who scored 16 points. “To me, I’m not going to be happy if we end up with the eight seed.”
Nene had 13 points and 13 rebounds, and Trevor Booker had 13 points and 12 boards. Garrett Temple added 13 points.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.