- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
Kirilenko and Ovechkin talking wedding plans
“Now it’s a little bit difficult because I’m playing and Alex is playing,” Kirilenko said Wednesday after winning her quarterfinal match at the BNP Paribas Open. “We are just in the period of talking what’s the best. We will find the right day.”
That might be soon, since Ovechkin’s Washington Capitals are stuck near the bottom of the NHL standings. The couple announced their engagement on New Year’s Day via his Twitter account.
“I think all the young girls, they want to have the best dress, the best wedding, and everything the best,” said Kirilenko, a friend of designer Stella McCartney.
“I want him and the team to win so much,” she said.
She tries not to worry about him getting injured.
“It can happen with us as well, we can twist our knee,” she said. “Just better don’t think. Just be positive. Don’t try to find those bad things.”
Ovechkin’s advice to her? “Just go there and beat them,” she said, laughing.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.