- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Maria Kirilenko, Alex Ovechkin haven’t set wedding date
“Now it’s a little bit difficult because I’m playing and Alex is playing,” Kirilenko said Wednesday after winning her quarterfinal match at the BNP Paribas Open. “We are just in the period of talking what’s the best. We will find the right day.”
That might be soon, since Ovechkin’s Washington Capitals are stuck near the bottom of the NHL standings. The couple announced their engagement on New Year’s Day via his Twitter account.
“I think all the young girls, they want to have the best dress, the best wedding, and everything the best,” said Kirilenko, a friend of designer Stella McCartney.
“I want him and the team to win so much,” she said.
She tries not to worry about him getting injured.
“It can happen with us as well, we can twist our knee,” she said. “Just better don’t think. Just be positive. Don’t try to find those bad things.”
Ovechkin’s advice to her? “Just go there and beat them,” she said, laughing.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.