- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Chris Hayes to take over Ed Schultz’s prime-time MSNBC slot
Question of the Day
Shortly after liberal MSNBC host Ed Schultz announced he was leaving his prime-time slot, The New York Times revealed that Rachel Maddow's protege Chris Hayes will be taking his place.
Mr. Schultz has decided to move to weekends, while Mr. Hayes, 34, will take the spot as the youngest host with a prime-time cable news show in the country.
According to The New York Times, Mr. Hayes is a "liberal intellectual who has hosted a well-regarded weekend morning program on MSNBC for the past 18 months." Beginning April 1, his 8 p.m. slot will allow him to become the lead-in for Ms. Maddow's 9 p.m. program, "The Rachel Maddow Show," which is the highest-rated show on the station.
Mr. Schultz announced his decision to move at the end of his show Wednesday night, saying
"MSNBC will be expanding its weekend programming, and this opens a big opportunity for 'The Ed Show' and my brand."
Politico confirmed the move Thursday, and MSNBC is expected to make a formal announcement later today.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Geraldo Rivera blasts Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
- Man sets himself on fire in Vatican's St. Peter's Square
- Detroit Schools accountant helped steal $530K from district
- N.Y. man arrested on suspicion of 6 'Knockout' game attacks
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Border Patrol helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- La. Gov. Jindal defends suspended Duck Dynasty star
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow