- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Jennifer Garner loves pictures of bearded Affleck
NEW YORK (AP) - Jennifer Garner tries not to look at reviews of the outfits she wears because, inevitably, someone isn’t going to like it.
“It’s not good for my self-esteem,” she said Wednesday while in New York to open the Neutrogena Sun Summit.
The exception was after the Oscars last month. Garner’s violet-colored, custom-made Gucci gown was a winner _ but that wasn’t what she was looking for after husband Ben Affleck’s film “Argo” won best picture. “I reveled in all those good pictures of him,” she said.
Garner, a Neutrogena spokeswoman, practices what she preaches when it comes to sun safety. Her children make sure of it.
In her household, sunscreen is like seat belts: non-negotiable. Garner said while she was away Wednesday, the kids surely would remind their dad if he dropped them at school without their daily slathering.
“I think I once told my kids it was against the law not to wear sunscreen,” she said.
An eager science student growing up, Garner, 40, said the conference’s terminology _ and warnings _ about the ozone layer and ultraviolet rays isn’t lost on her. She joked, though, that she wouldn’t want to be quoted on exactly what the Helioplex formulation is or what vitamin C can do for the skin.
But she had her “a-ha” moment about sun damage in her 20s, when she was out with friends. “They all had big hats on, and I didn’t.”
“Suddenly you look one day and the sun damage is there … and then you see it increase exponentially.”
She’ll take little credit for that Oscar night look _ calling it a team effort led by Rachel Zoe. The partnership between Zoe and Garner goes back more than a decade, with Garner as the stylist’s first big Hollywood client.
Garner’s outfit Wednesday _ an Oscar de la Renta sheath dress and pointy-toe pumps in black patent leather _ hit the right balance. In her casual style, Garner, wearing a smile, described the look as “just a little purple Oscar number.”
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.