- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Jennifer Garner loves pictures of bearded Affleck
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Jennifer Garner tries not to look at reviews of the outfits she wears because, inevitably, someone isn’t going to like it.
“It’s not good for my self-esteem,” she said Wednesday while in New York to open the Neutrogena Sun Summit.
The exception was after the Oscars last month. Garner’s violet-colored, custom-made Gucci gown was a winner _ but that wasn’t what she was looking for after husband Ben Affleck’s film “Argo” won best picture. “I reveled in all those good pictures of him,” she said.
Garner, a Neutrogena spokeswoman, practices what she preaches when it comes to sun safety. Her children make sure of it.
In her household, sunscreen is like seat belts: non-negotiable. Garner said while she was away Wednesday, the kids surely would remind their dad if he dropped them at school without their daily slathering.
“I think I once told my kids it was against the law not to wear sunscreen,” she said.
An eager science student growing up, Garner, 40, said the conference’s terminology _ and warnings _ about the ozone layer and ultraviolet rays isn’t lost on her. She joked, though, that she wouldn’t want to be quoted on exactly what the Helioplex formulation is or what vitamin C can do for the skin.
But she had her “a-ha” moment about sun damage in her 20s, when she was out with friends. “They all had big hats on, and I didn’t.”
“Suddenly you look one day and the sun damage is there … and then you see it increase exponentially.”
She’ll take little credit for that Oscar night look _ calling it a team effort led by Rachel Zoe. The partnership between Zoe and Garner goes back more than a decade, with Garner as the stylist’s first big Hollywood client.
Garner’s outfit Wednesday _ an Oscar de la Renta sheath dress and pointy-toe pumps in black patent leather _ hit the right balance. In her casual style, Garner, wearing a smile, described the look as “just a little purple Oscar number.”
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors