- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Stosur withdraws from Indian Wells with leg injury
INDIAN WELLS, CALIF. (AP) - Sam Stosur has withdrawn from her quarterfinal match against Angelique Kerber at the BNP Paribas Open because of a right calf injury.
Kerber will move into the semifinals against either top-seeded Victoria Azarenka or No. 8 Caroline Wozniacki, who play later on Thursday.
Stosur says she hurt her calf muscle in the last game of a three-set win against Mona Barthel on Tuesday. The Australian didn’t practice on Wednesday and iced her leg. Stosur was five minutes into her warm-up on Thursday when she realized she couldn’t play.
She says this is only the second time she’s pulled out of a match in her career and isn’t sure how long she’ll be sidelined.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.