- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Stosur withdraws from Indian Wells with leg injury
Question of the Day
INDIAN WELLS, CALIF. (AP) - Sam Stosur has withdrawn from her quarterfinal match against Angelique Kerber at the BNP Paribas Open because of a right calf injury.
Kerber will move into the semifinals against either top-seeded Victoria Azarenka or No. 8 Caroline Wozniacki, who play later on Thursday.
Stosur says she hurt her calf muscle in the last game of a three-set win against Mona Barthel on Tuesday. The Australian didn’t practice on Wednesday and iced her leg. Stosur was five minutes into her warm-up on Thursday when she realized she couldn’t play.
She says this is only the second time she’s pulled out of a match in her career and isn’t sure how long she’ll be sidelined.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world