- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Argentine publisher reissues book on Pope Francis
MEXICO CITY (AP) - The naming of Jorge Mario Bergoglio as Pope Francis has inspired the enthusiasm not only of many Roman Catholics, but also of a publisher planning to re-launch a book about him by his official biographer, Sergio Rubin.
“The Jesuit. Conversations with Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio” will be reissued Tuesday as “The Jesuit. The story of Francisco, The Argentine Pope,” said Maria Estomba, a spokeswoman for the Argentina-based publishing house Ediciones B.
Ediciones B now owns the Latin American publishing group Vergara, which in 2010 issued the original Spanish-language book.
The publishing house has plans in the future to translate the book into several other languages, she said.
In addition to being the subject of this and potentially numerous other books in the future, Bergoglio has authored several of his own, including such titles as “On Heaven and Earth,” co-written with Abraham Skorka, and “Dialogues between John Paul II and Fidel Castro,” co-written with then-Pope John Paul II.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.