- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
How the Galaxy S 4 stacks up against iPhone, S III
Samsung Electronics Co. revealed its new top-of-the-line smartphone Thursday, the Galaxy S 4. Here’s how it compares to the competition and its predecessor, the S III.
Samsung Galaxy S 4:
Display: 5-inch diagonal, 1920 by 1080 pixels organic light-emitting diode screen
Weight: 4.6 ounces (130g)
Cameras: 13-megapixel on back, 2-megapixel on front.
Storage: 16, 32 or 64 gigabytes of built-in flash memory, plus a MicroSD slot for expansion.
Software: Android 4.2.2 “Jelly Bean.”
Price: Not announced yet, but expect $200 with a two-year contract for 16-gigabyte version.
U.S. wireless carriers: Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular and Cricket.
Availability: Launch starts at end of April.
Notable features: Senses fingers “hovering” over screen. Additional infra-red sensor watches for hand gestures up to 4 inches away. Thanks to infra-red diode, can act as universal remote for entertainment center. Cameras can be used at same time, adding user’s face to group shots.
Samsung Galaxy S III:
Display: 4.8-inch diagonal, 1280 by 720 pixels organic light-emitting diode screen
Weight: 4.7 ounces (133g)
Cameras: 8-megapixel on back, 2-megapixel on front.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.