- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Missing LA-area movie exec now believed murdered
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The 10-month search for a movie executive has gone from a missing persons investigation to a murder investigation, and a convicted drug dealer has been named a person of interest.
Authorities said they had found the Mercedes-Benz of 20th Century Fox executive Gavin Smith at a storage facility, and the condition of the car along with witness statements has led them to believe Smith was killed, though his body has not been found.
The storage facility was linked to John Creech, a man who has been in prison since June serving an eight-year sentence on an unrelated drug conviction for sales or transport of narcotics, Dolson said.
“He has been a person of interest for several months, and he’s still that person of interest,” Dolson said.
Smith, who was with Fox’s movie distribution department for nearly 18 years, was last seen May 1 in Ventura County’s Oak Park neighborhood after leaving a friend’s home at about 9:35 p.m. wearing a gray shirt and dark athletic shorts, Dolson said.
Authorities believe Smith’s car was in the Porter Ranch area of the San Fernando Valley about a week after he was last seen, and was eventually moved to the storage facility by two people. That storage facility is linked to a person “who has a very close association” to Creech, Dolson said.
Tami Abdollah can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/latams
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014