- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Duchess: Hoping for baby boy, William wants girl
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - The Duchess of Cambridge said Sunday that she doesn’t know the sex of her first child _ but she hopes it’s a boy.
Her husband Prince William, however, would prefer a girl.
The former Kate Middleton, who is five months pregnant, made the revelation to a soldier at a St. Patrick’s Day ceremony honoring the Irish Guards.
”I asked her `do you know if it’s a girl or boy?’ and she said `not yet,’” said Guardsman Lee Wheeler.
“She said `I’d like to have a boy and William would like a girl.’”
Wheeler said the duchess told him the couple had not settled on names for the baby, who will be third in line to the British throne.
The duchess wore a green dress coat and a shamrock lapel pin as she presented sprigs of shamrock to soldiers in the annual ceremony at a barracks in Aldershot, southern England. She also pinned a spring on the collar of the regiment’s mascot, an Irish wolfhound named Domhnall.
Kate suffered a minor mishap when one of her high heels became briefly stuck in a drainage grille. The duchess leaned on her husband as she wrenched it loose.
The royal St. Patrick’s Day tradition was started by Queen Alexandra, the wife of King Edward VII, in 1901.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq