- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Alternative musician Jason Molina dies in Ind.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Alternative singer-songwriter Jason Molina has died at his home in Indianapolis. He was 39.
The Marion County coroner confirms Molina died Saturday. The cause of death hasn’t been determined.
His record label, Indiana-based Secretly Canadian, says he stopped touring in 2009 “to deal with severe alcoholism.”
On its website Monday, the label says the Lorain, Ohio, native released more than 12 albums under the name “Songs: Ohia” and the band Magnolia Electric Co., which he started in 2003. The label says Molina was its “cornerstone.”
A message attributed to his family and posted on the label’s website in September 2011 says he’d been in and out of rehabilitation facilities and hospitals in England and the U.S. over the previous two years and was raising goats and chickens in West Virginia.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow