- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Champion Ravens might not open at home
PHOENIX (AP) - The Baltimore Ravens could open the season on the road because of a scheduling conflict with baseball’s Orioles.
The NFL traditionally kicks off the season with the Super Bowl champion as the host team on the Thursday night after Labor Day. But the Orioles are scheduled to be home that night at Camden Yards, which is located close by M&T Bank Stadium.
Commissioner Roger Goodell says Monday he has twice spoken with MLB Commissioner Bud Selig about switching the baseball game to the afternoon, with the Ravens’ opener beginning later than usual in the evening. Moving the NFL game to Wednesday night is not alternative, Goodell says, because it is the first night of Rosh Hashanah.
If no solution is reached, the Ravens could open on the road, but “I don’t think that’s fair for the Ravens’ fans,” Goodell says.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again