- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Calif. company touts smartphone-compatible breathalyzer
A California company has invented a hand-held device that attaches to smartphones and determines whether someone is too drunk to drive.
Indiegogo's "Breathometer" hooks up to most smartphones and measures the blood alcohol content of the person blowing into it, according to the company website.
Judging by the demonstration in the product's promo video, the display turns red once over the legal limit.
The $20 "early bird" deal for the Breathometer has sold out, but they are still selling for $50. The company's campaign for the product has accrued more than $36,000, easily surpassing its goal of $25,000.
"The more money we raise, the more product we'll be able to produce and promote. Together we can help prevent drunk driving accidents," the website says.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Discovery Channel cancels Mt. Everest jump after avalanche kills 13
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Malaysia Airlines flight makes emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur
- 7-year-old twin boys fight off carjacker with toy snake
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.