- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
Pair accused of plotting to kill singer Joss Stone
LONDON (AP) - Prosecutors said Monday two men accused of plotting to rob and kill soul singer Joss Stone planned to decapitate her, then dump her body in a river.
The suspects, Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool, were arrested in June 2011, close to the singer’s house after suspicious neighbors reported them to police. They never reached her house.
Opening the case at Exeter Crown Court, prosecutor Simon Morgan told a jury the pair, aged 32 and 35, set off from their home in Manchester with a samurai sword, knives, a hammer, black bags and gloves for Stone’s house in Devon. The men were allegedly part of a gang that hatched the plot, but other members could not be traced.
Morgan said that handwritten notes found in the suspects’ car made reference to “decapitate,” another read “Jocelyn RIP” and a further note said: “Once Jocelyn’s dead … find a river to dump her.”
The notes indicated that the pair disapproved of Stone being invited to the Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding in 2011, he said.
The defendants deny all charges. The trial continues.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.