- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
2 shot and injured at troubled D.C. apartment complex
Two people were shot during an apparent burglary attempt early Tuesday inside Tyler House, a Northwest D.C. affordable housing complex that was the site of a drive-by shooting in which 13 people were injured last week.
Though several of the victims injured in the March 11 drive-by shooting lived at the 284-unit apartment complex, Metropolitan Police Department officials said the two incidents are not related.
Police are looking for two men involved in Tuesday’s shooting, which happened inside a seventh-floor apartment around 1:35 a.m. A man with a gun went into the apartment and grabbed a man who was inside, MPD spokeswoman Officer Tisha Gant said. A woman inside the apartment intervened, at which point she was shot in the hand and the man was shot in the forearm and chest. Neither the man nor the woman suffered life-threatening injuries, police said.
No descriptions were available of the two men involved in the shooting nor were details available about how the man entered the apartment or the complex.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gray comes out fighting accusations in fund scheme
- Gray holds cash advantage in D.C. mayor's race
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- Natural gas prices rise for D.C. customers as temperatures drop
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again