- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An ignored contingent
Question of the Day
There is an element in this nation that for the most part goes unnoticed and without representation. It used to be the driving factor behind the country’s greatness. It is the working class. Neither the Republican nor Democratic machines represent us, the media ignore us or label us as intolerant, and we are pushed to the side without having our voices heard.
It used to be we had some kind of say in the direction this nation was headed. Not anymore. One party speaks for the elite and business owners, the other for undocumented aliens and the new majority. I have no problem with anyone different from me, but as I look around at the good folks over age 30 and under age 60 who cannot retire and have to give up their lifelong dreams for financial reasons, it makes me very sick. This is our country, too. Where is our representation?
We do not all want to live on food stamps, we don’t believe in “fairness” for criminals while our own rights are taken away, and we don’t want to see marijuana sold in stores. We are Americans, and as such, do not want to be governed by the United Nations or other countries. Lastly, we want our jobs back. It is time we counted again, too.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'