- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Condoleezza Rice writing book on democracy
NEW YORK (AP) - Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is working on a book about democracy.
Henry Holt and Company announced Tuesday that the book, currently untitled, will be published in 2015. The 58-year-old Rice has previously written or co-written a handful of policy books, along with memoirs about her family and her years in the George W. Bush administration.
Rice served as national security adviser during Bush’s first term and secretary of state during his second term. She is currently a professor of political economy and political science at Stanford University, where she has taught off and on since the early 1980s.
In her new book, Rice will draw on personal and professional experiences to address such issues as self-government, immigration and education.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.