- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Disappearance of hope and change
Question of the Day
President Obama swept into office in 2009 with promises of “hope and change.” He also promised transparency in his administration and that he would work across the aisle with Republicans to find solutions to America’s problems. What has Mr. Obama done?
He continues to divide the nation. He has repeatedly shown that his real enemy is not al Qaeda and those who want to destroy America, but the Republican Party. The term “war on terrorism” is unspoken, but the president and his followers continue to attack Republicans mercilessly at every opportunity. Whatever happened to the pledge to find and punish the people responsible for the attack on our diplomats in Benghazi, Libya? Mr. Obama and his administration have caused distrust through misinformation and by viciously attacking those who have honest differences. There cannot be fair compromise without trust.
With the help of Democratic Sen. Harry Reid and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Mr. Obama pushed through the Affordable Care Act. This was the crowning achievement of his first four years in office. Lawmakers passed this law before even reading or fully evaluating it. As this government mandate continues to be implemented, it is becoming clear that it’s a disastrous boondoggle. It is also very clear that Mr. Obama either didn’t have a clue about the real cost of this legislation or he intentionally misled the American people. We are $16.7 trillion in debt. How can we afford bigger bureaucracy and even more government spending?
What I detest about Mr. Obama is not his skin color but his foolish, destructive and failed liberal ideas and his aversion to the truth.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public