- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Disappearance of hope and change
President Obama swept into office in 2009 with promises of “hope and change.” He also promised transparency in his administration and that he would work across the aisle with Republicans to find solutions to America’s problems. What has Mr. Obama done?
He continues to divide the nation. He has repeatedly shown that his real enemy is not al Qaeda and those who want to destroy America, but the Republican Party. The term “war on terrorism” is unspoken, but the president and his followers continue to attack Republicans mercilessly at every opportunity. Whatever happened to the pledge to find and punish the people responsible for the attack on our diplomats in Benghazi, Libya? Mr. Obama and his administration have caused distrust through misinformation and by viciously attacking those who have honest differences. There cannot be fair compromise without trust.
With the help of Democratic Sen. Harry Reid and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Mr. Obama pushed through the Affordable Care Act. This was the crowning achievement of his first four years in office. Lawmakers passed this law before even reading or fully evaluating it. As this government mandate continues to be implemented, it is becoming clear that it’s a disastrous boondoggle. It is also very clear that Mr. Obama either didn’t have a clue about the real cost of this legislation or he intentionally misled the American people. We are $16.7 trillion in debt. How can we afford bigger bureaucracy and even more government spending?
What I detest about Mr. Obama is not his skin color but his foolish, destructive and failed liberal ideas and his aversion to the truth.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers