- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Disappearance of hope and change
President Obama swept into office in 2009 with promises of “hope and change.” He also promised transparency in his administration and that he would work across the aisle with Republicans to find solutions to America’s problems. What has Mr. Obama done?
He continues to divide the nation. He has repeatedly shown that his real enemy is not al Qaeda and those who want to destroy America, but the Republican Party. The term “war on terrorism” is unspoken, but the president and his followers continue to attack Republicans mercilessly at every opportunity. Whatever happened to the pledge to find and punish the people responsible for the attack on our diplomats in Benghazi, Libya? Mr. Obama and his administration have caused distrust through misinformation and by viciously attacking those who have honest differences. There cannot be fair compromise without trust.
With the help of Democratic Sen. Harry Reid and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Mr. Obama pushed through the Affordable Care Act. This was the crowning achievement of his first four years in office. Lawmakers passed this law before even reading or fully evaluating it. As this government mandate continues to be implemented, it is becoming clear that it’s a disastrous boondoggle. It is also very clear that Mr. Obama either didn’t have a clue about the real cost of this legislation or he intentionally misled the American people. We are $16.7 trillion in debt. How can we afford bigger bureaucracy and even more government spending?
What I detest about Mr. Obama is not his skin color but his foolish, destructive and failed liberal ideas and his aversion to the truth.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow