- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
John Thompson III expects Hoyas to make deep NCAA run
While the selection event was still ongoing, Thompson dispatched some assistants to start breaking down the Eagles of Florida Gulf Coast, a state university in Fort Myers that admitted its first student in 1997 and made the NCAAs in its second year of Division I eligibility by winning this month’s Atlantic Sun tournament.
“I may be the only coach in the country to feel this way: I don’t go into it worrying about what are we going to be seeded,” Thompson said. “It’s the opposition, because there can be times when you can be a third seed and you have a better matchup than a two seed or a four seed, and so it’s all about Florida Gulf Coast as opposed to our seed.”
Although his team is young, Thompson has a major reason to accelerate his expectations this year. This might be the last chance he gets with Porter, a sophomore who remains cagey about whether he plans to bolt for the NBA this summer.
“I don’t know yet,” Porter said Sunday. “We’ll see.”
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.