- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Lindsay Lohan booked then released as a formality
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Lindsay Lohan has a new mug shot.
The troubled 26-year-old actress turned herself in to police in California as a formality Tuesday, the day after she accepted a plea deal in her misdemeanor car crash case. A spokesman for the Santa Monica Police Department said she was booked then released.
Lohan was sentenced to spend five days in jail, but that time will be served in a locked-down rehabilitation facility. It’s part of a plea deal that includes 90 days in rehab, 30 days of community labor, 18 months of psychological counseling, a fine and restitution.
Lohan pleaded no contest Monday to reckless driving and lying to police who were investigating the accident involving the actress in June along the Pacific Coast Highway. A charge of obstructing an officer was dropped.
Lohan also was found in violation of her probation in a 2011 necklace theft and sentenced to 180 days in jail. However, she can avoid that jail time if she complies with the conditions of her plea deal, which extends her probation for two years.
Superior Court Judge James R. Dabney set another hearing for May 2, when the court must be given proof of Lohan’s enrollment in a treatment program.
After a pair of arrests for driving under the influence in 2007, Lohan has resolved her numerous legal issues without going to trial.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors