- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Lindsay Lohan booked then released as a formality
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Lindsay Lohan has a new mug shot.
The troubled 26-year-old actress turned herself in to police in California as a formality Tuesday, the day after she accepted a plea deal in her misdemeanor car crash case. A spokesman for the Santa Monica Police Department said she was booked then released.
Lohan was sentenced to spend five days in jail, but that time will be served in a locked-down rehabilitation facility. It's part of a plea deal that includes 90 days in rehab, 30 days of community labor, 18 months of psychological counseling, a fine and restitution.
Lohan pleaded no contest Monday to reckless driving and lying to police who were investigating the accident involving the actress in June along the Pacific Coast Highway. A charge of obstructing an officer was dropped.
Lohan also was found in violation of her probation in a 2011 necklace theft and sentenced to 180 days in jail. However, she can avoid that jail time if she complies with the conditions of her plea deal, which extends her probation for two years.
Superior Court Judge James R. Dabney set another hearing for May 2, when the court must be given proof of Lohan's enrollment in a treatment program.
After a pair of arrests for driving under the influence in 2007, Lohan has resolved her numerous legal issues without going to trial.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- CURL: Obama turning millennials into Republicans
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener