- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Belgian electronic dance fest crosses over into US
Question of the Day
MIAMI (AP) - One of Europe's largest music festivals will be crossing over into the United States, setting up a fairytale world with electronic dance beats for three days in Georgia.
The Tomorrowland electronic dance music festival in Belgium will hold a similar three-day festival in Chattahoochee Hills, Ga., near Atlanta, in September.
TomorrowWorld is expected to attract internationally renowned DJs and 50,000 fans each day.
It is the first international expansion of the Tomorrowland festival, one of the world's largest electronic dance music events. Tomorrowland takes place in July and will play host to 180,000 people from 214 countries. Event promoters say tickets sold out in one second.
The announcement was made Wednesday in Miami in an elaborate ceremony that included men and women dressed in magical costumes and a fireworks display.
"We will create a fairytale world from the smallest detail to the biggest stage," Tomorrowland co-owner Michiel Beers said.
Beers said organizers immediately felt at home in the Georgia venue, which happens to be owned by a Belgian. In addition to stages and dancing, festivalgoers will have the opportunity to camp out in tents overnight in a placed called "Dreamville."
Artists will be announced starting in April. Beers said the lineup will likely be similar to the Belgian event.
The U.S. festival comes at a time when electronic dance music is growing in popularity after years of success in Europe. The Ultra Music Festival in Miami also brings together electronic dance music fans and is currently taking place over two weekends in its 15th year.
Follow Christine Armario on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cearmario
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq