- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- LAPD admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers’ heads
Egypt warns Hamas stealing fabric to copycat military uniforms
Egyptian military officials suspect members of the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas may be involved in a rash of fabric thefts that could be used for subterfuge, to copy uniforms.
The official said in Ynet News that the fear is Hamas will use the cloth to infiltrate Egypt's military.
Military officers seized stolen fabric on Sunday, near a tunnel beneath the Egypt-Gaza border, Ynet says.
“The armed forces are urging the Egyptian masses to watch out, be attentive and alert … in case of impersonation,” said Col. Ahmed Mohammed Ali on the military’s Facebook page, shortly after the fabric was confiscated.
Egyt’s military has been fighting against Islamist insurgencies linked to radical terrorist organizations in the Gaza for some time.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for reelection
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers' heads
- Donald Trump jabs Obama walk: 'So inelegant and so unpresidential'
- Obama entourage in Japan samples $300-per-plate sushi from elite chef
- Atheists win prayer battle against California city council
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014