- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liturgy should be singular, borderless
Question of the Day
The goal of every pope ever elected is liturgical unity ("Many U.S. Catholics want Pope Francis to hold the line, inspire," Web, Friday). However, Carlos Caso-Rosendi's comment that the American church needs to return to an American brand of Catholicism seems to suggest a diversion from the idea of liturgical unity. The Catholic ways should be consistent, regardless of the geographical location. A parish in Manila should celebrate Mass the same way a parish in San Francisco does.
It is right that the Catholic Church and its leaders live by the Bible's teachings and Catholicism. That means being pro-life. Pope Francis is pro-life, and he has received many criticisms from Catholics in a country of such diverse cultures as the United States. Needless to say, regardless of the margin of diversity or geographical location, leaders should uphold the traditional Catholic ways. I hope Pope Francis is able to enforce that elusive liturgical unity.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- GOP Rep. Tim Murphy rolls out mental health legislation
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- White House faces press revolt over access to Obama's South Africa flight
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system