- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Stripper sues D.C. club for sex discrimination
An exotic dancer is suing a well known D.C. strip club for $2 million, saying that she was pressured into having sex with the club’s general manager in order to keep her job.
In the lawsuit, filed Wednesday in the federal court in the District, Talayna Clements accuses the club of sexual discrimination and creating a hostile work environment.
The encounter that prompted the lawsuit occurred in July inside the Stadium Club, according to the lawsuit. After attending a private party one night with several professional football players, Ms. Clements, another dancer and the unnamed general manager returned to the Stadium Club for a drink. At the club as the other dancer went outside to smoke, the manager asked Ms. Clements to dance for him and then instructed her to have sex with him.
Ms. Clements, of Northeast D.C., was “scared and intimidated,” and “unwillingly had sex with him for fear of losing her job and her livelihood,” the complaint states.
It was unclear whether any criminal charges had been filed as a result of the interaction.
No one could be reached at the Stadium Club on Wednesday to comment about the lawsuit.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Minority parties see power grab for D.C. vote
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers
- EPA: District has second-most energy-efficient buildings
- D.C. autonomy bills introduced in Senate
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.