- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Yankees, Red Sox to honor Newtown
TAMPA, FLA. (AP) - The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox will honor the community of Newtown and the memory of those killed in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School when the teams play opening day April 1 at Yankee Stadium.
Pregame ceremonies include a joint honor guard of Newtown police and firefighters, and a moment of silence at which time a list of the victims’ names will be recognized on the center-field scoreboard.
“On opening day, we will reflect upon more important things and the play the game to honor the community of Newtown,” Yankees managing general partner Hal Steinbrenner said in a statement. “Since the day of the tragedy, our hearts and thoughts have been with those who were affected.”
“Months have passed, yet we are still trying to come to grips with this incomprehensible tragedy,” Red Sox principal owner John Henry said in a statement. “As our teams look to face each other on opening day, we will stand united in support of the families affected as we remember and honor those who were lost.”
Approximately 3,000 people from Newtown will be invited to the ballpark for New York’s July 7th game against Baltimore on “Newtown Day at Yankee Stadium.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.