- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
An NCAA thriller, but only for nimble viewers
NEW YORK (AP) - Davidson’s near upset of Marquette gave TV viewers one of the most thrilling moments of a big day at the NCAA tournament _ if they could find it in time.
For three years now, CBS has spread its telecast of the tournament’s opening rounds across four networks: CBS, TNT, TBS and TruTV. On Thursday, the Marquette game aired on TruTV, a channel in 92 million homes but one far less familiar to most sports fans.
No. 3 seed Marquette escaped with a 59-58 win against underdog Davidson.
While CBS will provide live look-ins to games on the other networks during halftime or between games, it no longer interrupts games to cut to closer contests. Instead, games are covered in full on each network and online, leaving the choice up to the viewer’s remote control.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.