- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Pacino as a faded music whiz charged with murder
“He was surprisingly flexible,” says Pacino. “There’s probably things in his writing that he’s partial to: `Play till the lemon chicken comes’” _ a riotous line Spector fires out in a scene in the recording studio _ “you’ve GOT to say that! But all in all, I found him to be flexible, and that relieved me.”
“I LOVE her!” he says. “I just can’t tell you the advantage of having someone you can talk with every day, just to get her read on things. Sometimes I thought, `I’m talking too much to her. She’s gonna start getting bored.’ But she was a real mensch!
“And that’s my memory of the film,” he sums up with a laugh: “Her. And me struggling to get through my scenes with those wigs!”
“But I don’t think I’m ready to go out there and just do a job,” he adds, growing serious again. “Sometimes I’ve made movies because I was having a tough time in life: You know, go make a movie, get away from THIS world. But I don’t think I have that kind of energy to do that anymore. I only get turned on by something with a challenge, where there’s an opportunity to do something with.
“It’s comforting,” he declares, “to feel like that possibility exists.”
Frazier Moore is a national television columnist for The Associated Press. He can be reached at fmoore(at)ap.org and at http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- House pushes through two-year Ryan-Murray budget deal
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Chef Mary Moran discusses the food we eat, where it comes from and what it does for us.
An informed and often humorous take on the world of advertising, public relations and social media. 100% Pure. Not from concentrate.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow