- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
RG3’s NCAA bracket revealed; Redskins quarterback picks Miami in break from knee rehab
When Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III showed up at a Washington Wizards game earlier this season, the then-struggling Wizards beat the Miami Heat.
So it might be wise to listen to RGIII’s advice when it comes to the NCAA tournament, given his obvious lucky charm nature.
The Redskins blog at Redskins.com published Griffin’s bracket on Thursday morning.
His champion? Miami, over Louisville in the title game.
His other Final Four teams are Michigan and Ohio State.
RG3’s alma mater, Baylor, didn’t make the field.
Griffin has 2011 Final Four squad VCU winning one game before losing to Michigan.
His first top seed out is Kansas, losing to Michigan in the Sweet 16.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Washington Times sports editor Mike Harris has more than 30 years experience in the business as a reporter, columnist and manager. He’s covered a wide variety of events including two Olympics, horse racing, auto racing, professional and college sports. E-mail him at email@example.com and follow the section on Twitter @WashTimesSports.
- HARRIS: Wizards have moved to head of D.C.'s class
- HARRIS: Bad luck or bigger omen, early returns for Nationals are troubling
- HARRIS: Masters has plenty of appeal in Tiger's absence
- HARRIS: Throwing it all away: What to do with Ryan Zimmerman?
- HARRIS: Fans get an early taste of replay's impact on baseball
Latest Blog Entries
- Gio Gonzalez living a dream by throwing bullpen sessions to ex-Yankee Jorge Posada
- Meet Connor Carrick, the youngster who played his way onto the Caps' final roster
- Go Aggies: Nationals notes and lineups for Sept. 14
- RG3: There is no conflict with Redskins coach Mike Shanahan
- Sunday Nats-Dodgers lineups and some thoughts from reliever Craig Stammen
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.