- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
`GIRLS’: ANOTHER TRIUMPH IN SEASON 2 (ANALYSIS)
Lena Dunham and her series overcome outside influences to complete a great season, writes THR’s Tim Goodman.
FOX DEVELOPING `SHOGUN,’ O.J. SIMPSON LONGFORM DRAMAS
Michael De Luca and Nigel Williams will tackle “Shogun,” while Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson will adapt Jeffrey Toobin’s book “The People v. O.J. Simpson.”
KIEFER SUTHERLAND TO PLAY VILLAIN IN DISASTER MOVIE `POMPEII’
Paul W.S. Anderson is directing the disaster movie, which stars “Game of Thrones” actor Kit Harington. www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kiefer-sutherland-play-villain-disaster-430051?AP
CHRISTINA APPLEGATE IN TALKS TO STAR IN NEW LINE’S VACATION
Ed Helms is starring in the sequel-slash-reboot of the classic film comedy being directed by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein.
`HOMELAND’ WRITER-PRODUCER HENRY BROMELL DIES OF HEART ATTACK
The Emmy-winning TV veteran’s credits also include “Northern Exposure,” “Homicide: Life on the Street,” “Chicago Hope,” “Rubicon” and “Brotherhood.”
DESPITE CANCELLATION, `ENLIGHTENED’ WAS A WIN FOR HBO AND VIEWERS (ANALYSIS)
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- A Mandela remembrance
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Behind Andy Reid, Chiefs enjoying a resurgence
- Study suggests link between gun ownership, racism
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!