- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter's list of its 10 best stories of the week:
STEVE HARVEY: HOLLYWOOD IS MORE RACIST THAN AMERICA
The black talk show host, who has outlasted Jeff Probst and Ricki Lake, is gaining fast on Katie Couric and has managed to achieve the multicultural golden mean in audience. Could he be the next Oprah?
NBCU DEBATES TIMING OF JIMMY FALLON'S `TONIGHT SHOW' DEBUT
Sources say some network execs want to launch with Olympics in February; exec producer Lorne Michaels might want more time.
JUDGE BANS AIRING OF LIFETIME TV'S CHRIS PORCO MOVIE
In an emergency appeal, the cable network blasts a judge for an "unprecedented" injunction that it says will cost millions of dollars, harm its brand and represent a disaster to free speech.
SUPREME COURT RULES AGAINST ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY IN LANDMARK COPYRIGHT CASE
Justice Stephen Breyer delivers majority opinion holding that the "first sale" doctrine applies to works bought overseas and resold in the United States.
SEASON FINALE SCHEDULER: YOUR GUIDE TO WHAT ENDS WHEN
Keep track of what ends when _ and how _ as multiple series have set special sendoffs. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/2013-season-finale-schedule-429839?AP
`GIRLS': ANOTHER TRIUMPH IN SEASON 2 (ANALYSIS)
Lena Dunham and her series overcome outside influences to complete a great season, writes THR's Tim Goodman.
FOX DEVELOPING `SHOGUN,' O.J. SIMPSON LONGFORM DRAMAS
Michael De Luca and Nigel Williams will tackle "Shogun," while Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson will adapt Jeffrey Toobin's book "The People v. O.J. Simpson."
KIEFER SUTHERLAND TO PLAY VILLAIN IN DISASTER MOVIE `POMPEII'
Paul W.S. Anderson is directing the disaster movie, which stars "Game of Thrones" actor Kit Harington. www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kiefer-sutherland-play-villain-disaster-430051?AP
CHRISTINA APPLEGATE IN TALKS TO STAR IN NEW LINE'S VACATION
Ed Helms is starring in the sequel-slash-reboot of the classic film comedy being directed by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein.
`HOMELAND' WRITER-PRODUCER HENRY BROMELL DIES OF HEART ATTACK
The Emmy-winning TV veteran's credits also include "Northern Exposure," "Homicide: Life on the Street," "Chicago Hope," "Rubicon" and "Brotherhood."
DESPITE CANCELLATION, `ENLIGHTENED' WAS A WIN FOR HBO AND VIEWERS (ANALYSIS)
Mike White's noble effort was TV as art, and the bold experimentation at the network should be applauded. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/cancellation-enlightened-was-a-win-429943?AP
TWT Video Picks
By William C. Triplett II
Anti-fracking advocates could run afoul of Hispanic voters
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid violent clashes between militias
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama: U.S. should 'embrace an economic patriotism that says we rise or fall together'
- CANNON: With Russia, different airline crash, same results
- Joan Rivers: CNN should be 'ashamed' of its Israel, Gaza reporting
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq