- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
U.S. soccer to face Germany at RFK Stadium on June 2
The United States men’s national soccer team will host Germany at RFK Stadium in Washington on June 2 as part of the commemoration of the 100th anniversary of U.S. soccer.
The 2:30 p.m. match, announced Thursday, will serve as a tuneup for a June 7 World Cup qualifier at Jamaica and a pair of World Cup qualifiers later in the month. Venues for those and two other games in the hexagonal qualifier also were unveiled Thursday.
The U.S. will host Panama on June 11 in Seattle and Honduras a week later in Sandy, Utah, outside Salt Lake City.
U.S. Soccer also announced the Sept. 10 game against Mexico will be played in Columbus, Ohio, and the Oct. 11 game against Jamaica will be in Kansas City, Kan.
The next U.S. World Cup qualifier is Friday against Costa Rica in Commerce City, Colo., with kickoff set for 10 p.m. ET.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.