- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Coyne finally announces Wilson and Beatriz
Question of the Day
ST. PETERSBURG, FLA. (AP) - A little more than two hours after the first practice session of the IndyCar season, Dale Coyne Racing finally confirmed its driver lineup.
Better late than never.
Justin Wilson will be back for his second season, but his car will switch to No. 19. The Englishman will have sponsorship from Boy Scouts of America and Sonny’s Bar-B-Q. Team owner Coyne owns a substantial number of the Sonny’s franchises.
“I’m very excited to be back with Dale Coyne Racing in 2013,” said Wilson, who won last year at Texas with the team and had five top-10 finishes.
Wilson indicated he’s signed a long-term agreement.
“We had a great season last year highlighted by our first win at an oval track in Texas. The entire team is back, so I am expecting good things to happen,” he said.
Coyne also announced that Brazilian driver Ana Beatriz has signed to drive the No. 18 at Sunday’s season-opener at St. Petersburg, Brazil and Indianapolis, and “other selected races” with sponsorship from Ipiranga.
“This is a great opportunity with Dale Coyne Racing and hopefully we can turn it into more than a few races for the season,” said Beatriz. “We are working on more races for 2013 and hopefully we should know something very soon.”
Beatriz ran Brazil and Indy last season for Andretti Autosport, with a best finish of 20th in Brazil.
It’s the second time Beatriz and Wilson have been teammates. They were both at Dreyer & Reinbold Racing in 2011.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world