- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
FGCU coach’s free throw secret hard to pass along
Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield finished his playing days at Division III Johns Hopkins as a two-time academic All-America and as the NCAA's career record-holder for free throw shooting at 92.5 percent (431 of 466).
He was able to parlay his shooting ability into creating a shooting training aide and video and then some NBA assistant jobs where the focus was on shooting.
It doesn't seem to be paying off with his Eagles, who came into the tournament shooting 67.7 percent from the line, fifth-best in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
Starting forward Chase Fieler is shooting 73.2 percent from the free throw line, the best among the Eagles' starters.
He was asked if the players ever have free throw shooting contests with their coach.
"No," he said, "we try to keep our confidence up."
The 15th-seeded Eagles play Georgetown on Friday.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!