- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
- Coburn calls hiring of embattled background check firm ‘troubling’
- World Cup: It’s raining men in Brazil as women samba with visitors
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl captured in photo smiling with Taliban jihadist
- Germany demands ouster of U.S. spy chief
- GOP senators knock EPA power grab
- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Left thinks they know best
Question of the Day
As expected, the Maryland General Assembly voted to abolish capital punishment (“Md. House committee OKs death penalty repeal,” Web, March 8). Leftism is the most dynamic and vibrant religion in the West today. In many areas of life, from morals to education, economics and art, it is replacing the traditional American Judeo-Christian value system.
The leftist ideology says it is elevated, just, compassionate and kind to allow all murderers to retain their most precious possession: their life. Hence, leftists must also think their kindness is more important than the lives of murdered kindergartners and their families and friends. They must think it “progressive” for sadists to destroy the lives of so many in mass murder, then sit in prison and watch TV or write manifestos explaining their twisted views.
This is what the left calls elevated modern thought. The conservative right calls it degenerate, regressive, highly unjust, uncivilized and unkind. The left takes its dogma from the pages of The Washington Post and the The New York Times, the right from the only commandment in the Bible mentioned in all five key books of the Old Testament: A man who murders shall be killed. This, the conservative argues, elevates us by clearly and powerfully stating that life is the ultimate good — and life is the most precious thing on Earth.
When you take an innocent life, you pay with your own. Apparently, those on the left think the wisdom of the ages is wrong and they will, as our president has clearly articulated, transform us. The left and right live in two different moral universes.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Get Breaking Alerts
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
- CRUZ: 'Fahrenheit 451' Democrats