- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Tony Bennett excited about making album with Gaga
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - They haven’t hit the studio yet, but Tony Bennett says he “can’t wait” to record his next album with Lady Gaga.
The 86-year-old said in an interview Thursday that he and the pop star will record “a big swing album.” He says “we have it all worked out already on paper.”
Bennett and Gaga collaborated on “The Lady Is a Tramp” for his Grammy-winning, platinum-selling 2011 “Duets II” album. He called the 26-year-old a “wonderful person and a great talent.”
Bennett released “Viva Duets,” a collaborative album with Latin American singers including Gloria Estefan and Marc Anthony, in October.
He says he wants to work with Gaga because “she’s quite different.” He adds that he’s also impressed with Gaga as a business woman.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world