- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
John Wall scores 47 points to pace Wizards over Grizzlies
After Tony Allen’s free throw cut it to five,Apple-converted-space”> WallApple-converted-space”> hit two free throws and then, after a miss by Allen, Chris Singleton’s 3-pointer gave Washington a 91-81 lead with six minutes left.
With just over four minutes to go,Apple-converted-space”> WallApple-converted-space”> hit a jumper as the shot clock expired to make it 94-83. The lead grew to 13, but Memphis rallied and twice got within four in the final minutes before the Wizards scored the final nine points.
“I feel like I really let the team down,”Apple-converted-space”> WallApple-converted-space”> said. “I already had one technical and you’ve got to be smarter than that. We still had a chance to win that game. Right now, we’re just trying to salvage the games we can win and finish the season strong, so I knew tonight I had to step up big.”
Down by two after a quarter, Memphis, keyed by 3-pointers from Austin Daye and Pondexter, opened the second quarter with an 8-0 run to take a 32-26 lead.
Memphis built the lead to nine beforeApple-converted-space”> WallApple-converted-space”> scored six straight to make it 39-36. His driving scoop shot put the Wizards up three late in the half before Conley’s 3-pointer made it 55-all at the break.
WallApple-converted-space”> finished the first half with 26 points.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.