- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Colorado recall effort takes aim at Democrats after gun bills
Mr. Wadhams warned that the grass-roots efforts should be prepared for an onslaught of outside cash from gun control proponents like New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, who launched a $12 million ad blitz Monday aimed at gaining support for universal background checks for firearms purchases.
The ad campaign targets 15 U.S. senators, 10 Republicans and five Democrats, who are seen as swing votes on background checks.
“The intensity factor will work in favor of recall proponents,” Mr. Wadhams said. “But look how much money Bloomberg is willing to spend in national races, and think of how much money he could spend on four local recalls.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Valerie Richardson covers politics and the West from Denver. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame over Easter Sunday shootout
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Ukrainian prime minister accuses Putin of moving to restore Soviet Union
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Study: Children fare better in traditional mom-dad families
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.