- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare lies
In his op-ed “Happy birthday, Obamacare” (Monday) Dr. Milton R. Wolf enumerates several lies told by President Obama about his health care reform. First is “You will be able to keep your doctor.” Second is “You will be able to keep your health care plan.” Third is Obamacare will “cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year” and fourth is “[u]nder my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase.”
Dr. Wolf is correct — Mr. Obama and his fellow Democrats have been unmasked for their Obamacare lies, which have already harmed many economically and will harm many more when the law is fully implemented.
There is another lie Mr. Obama told: On Sept. 9, 2009, in an address to a joint session of Congress and televised to the country, Mr. Obama pledged, “And one more misunderstanding I want to clear up: Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.” Instead of doing what he told the country, Mr. Obama has jettisoned conscience laws and is trying to mandate coverage for contraception, sterilization and abortifacients into the health care plans of charitable religious organizations that object to these immoral activities. A spokesman for the Catholic bishops recently called Mr. Obama’s mandate “an unprecedented violation of religious liberty by the federal government.”
Mr. Obama is violating the First Amendment to the Constitution, which protects everyone’s freedom of religion from laws such as Obamacare. This is the same Constitution he has sworn to uphold. His irreverence shows how little he cares little about his oath, the Constitution, our religious freedom and his word.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same