- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Va. man stopped at airport with gun in carry-on
Question of the Day
A passenger at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport was stopped and cited after an officer found a loaded gun in his carry-on bag at a checkpoint, Transportation Security Administration officials said Tuesday.
The TSA said the man was carrying a loaded .40-caliber handgun on his way to board a flight to Montreal on Monday morning. The Stafford, Va., man was cited on a weapons charge and permitted to board his flight after the gun and ammunition were confiscated.
The TSA said the man had a concealed weapons permit and told the authorities that he had forgotten the firearm was in his carry-on bag.
Passengers can travel with a firearm under certain circumstances, such as if the weapon is packed unloaded inside a piece of checked luggage and declared at the airline counter.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
White House pets gone wild!