- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: DNC chair insults starvation victims
Last week, Democratic National Committee Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Florida Democrat, claimed congressional staff members were on the verge of starvation because of automatic budget cuts that recently went into effect ("Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Sequester nearly starving staffers," Web, Friday). These federal employees can dine in one of several tax-subsidized cafeterias around Washington, and they earn $60,000 to $160,000 a year - three to seven times the income of an average family of four.
Ms. Wasserman Schultz should be made to watch film from World War II that shows Allied troops liberating the Nazi death camps in Eastern Europe. She would see footage of piles of dead, starved victims and trenches full of those who were literally worked to death.
I am 65 years old and can remember when the Democratic Party had class, character and morals. Over the past five years, the progressives like Ms. Wasserman Schultz have shown themselves to be arrogant and ignorant, as well as out of touch with the real world.
SHAWN N. HAUSER
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear