- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
Justin Bieber: Neighbor claims singer attacked him, authorities say
Question of the Day
CALABASAS, Calif. (AP) — Deputies were investigating claims made Tuesday by a neighbor that singer Justin Bieber attacked and threatened him during an argument in suburban Los Angeles, authorities said.
No one was arrested, and few details were immediately available.
A representative of Mr. Bieber’s, Melissa Victor, did not immediately return a request for comment.
Online schedules indicate the “Baby” singer is in the midst of a European tour and performed a show in Poland on Monday night.
Authorities were called to the Calabasas scene just after 9 a.m., said Steve Whitmore, spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
“There have been allegations made against Mr. Bieber of battery and making threats,” Mr. Whitmore said.
It’s unclear who called authorities and whether there might have been previous problems between the 19-year-old singer and neighbors, Mr. Whitmore said.
In recent years, the Canadian singer has been constantly chased by paparazzi while publicly morphing from an almost angelic mop-topped teen to an adult battling a bad-boy image.
Recently, Bieber lashed out at paparazzi and lunged at one photographer as members of the singer’s entourage held him back.
Last summer, he got a speeding ticket while trying to avoid a bevy of photographers on a Los Angeles freeway in his distinctive chrome Fisker Karma.
He collapsed backstage during a recent London concert and canceled a performance in Portugal.
Prosecutors decided against filing charges after the pop star was accused of kicking and punching a photographer outside a Calabasas movie theater in May 2012.
Earlier this year, an ex-bodyguard sued Bieber for alleged assault and more than $420,000 in unpaid wages. Moshe Benabou claims Bieber repeatedly punched him in the chest after an argument over the singer’s entourage.
Lately, the slim singer has taken to whipping off his shirt in public places.
The investigation first was reported by TMZ.com.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq