- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
Justin Bieber: Neighbor claims singer attacked him, authorities say
CALABASAS, Calif. (AP) — Deputies were investigating claims made Tuesday by a neighbor that singer Justin Bieber attacked and threatened him during an argument in suburban Los Angeles, authorities said.
No one was arrested, and few details were immediately available.
A representative of Mr. Bieber’s, Melissa Victor, did not immediately return a request for comment.
Online schedules indicate the “Baby” singer is in the midst of a European tour and performed a show in Poland on Monday night.
Authorities were called to the Calabasas scene just after 9 a.m., said Steve Whitmore, spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
“There have been allegations made against Mr. Bieber of battery and making threats,” Mr. Whitmore said.
It’s unclear who called authorities and whether there might have been previous problems between the 19-year-old singer and neighbors, Mr. Whitmore said.
In recent years, the Canadian singer has been constantly chased by paparazzi while publicly morphing from an almost angelic mop-topped teen to an adult battling a bad-boy image.
Recently, Bieber lashed out at paparazzi and lunged at one photographer as members of the singer’s entourage held him back.
Last summer, he got a speeding ticket while trying to avoid a bevy of photographers on a Los Angeles freeway in his distinctive chrome Fisker Karma.
He collapsed backstage during a recent London concert and canceled a performance in Portugal.
Prosecutors decided against filing charges after the pop star was accused of kicking and punching a photographer outside a Calabasas movie theater in May 2012.
Earlier this year, an ex-bodyguard sued Bieber for alleged assault and more than $420,000 in unpaid wages. Moshe Benabou claims Bieber repeatedly punched him in the chest after an argument over the singer’s entourage.
Lately, the slim singer has taken to whipping off his shirt in public places.
The investigation first was reported by TMZ.com.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Golden Hammer: Easter candy bitter taste for taxpayers?
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.