- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Justin Bieber: Neighbor claims singer attacked him, authorities say
Question of the Day
CALABASAS, Calif. (AP) — Deputies were investigating claims made Tuesday by a neighbor that singer Justin Bieber attacked and threatened him during an argument in suburban Los Angeles, authorities said.
No one was arrested, and few details were immediately available.
A representative of Mr. Bieber's, Melissa Victor, did not immediately return a request for comment.
Online schedules indicate the "Baby" singer is in the midst of a European tour and performed a show in Poland on Monday night.
Authorities were called to the Calabasas scene just after 9 a.m., said Steve Whitmore, spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
"There have been allegations made against Mr. Bieber of battery and making threats," Mr. Whitmore said.
It's unclear who called authorities and whether there might have been previous problems between the 19-year-old singer and neighbors, Mr. Whitmore said.
In recent years, the Canadian singer has been constantly chased by paparazzi while publicly morphing from an almost angelic mop-topped teen to an adult battling a bad-boy image.
Recently, Bieber lashed out at paparazzi and lunged at one photographer as members of the singer's entourage held him back.
Last summer, he got a speeding ticket while trying to avoid a bevy of photographers on a Los Angeles freeway in his distinctive chrome Fisker Karma.
He collapsed backstage during a recent London concert and canceled a performance in Portugal.
Prosecutors decided against filing charges after the pop star was accused of kicking and punching a photographer outside a Calabasas movie theater in May 2012.
Earlier this year, an ex-bodyguard sued Bieber for alleged assault and more than $420,000 in unpaid wages. Moshe Benabou claims Bieber repeatedly punched him in the chest after an argument over the singer's entourage.
Lately, the slim singer has taken to whipping off his shirt in public places.
The investigation first was reported by TMZ.com.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors