- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
Rescue dog wins ‘Heroic Mutt Award’ for saving Calif. hiker
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has awarded a dog named Mole with the “Heroic Mutt Award” for saving a California man’s life after he was trapped in a hole for days on Mount Rubidoux in Riverside County.
Ramon Llamas‘ rescue dog, Mole, tugged on his owner’s pant leg while they were taking a walk on one of the mountain trails. Mole led him to a hole tucked under some trees where a man named Paul had been trapped for several days.
“For saving Paul’s life, Mole will receive a Heroic Mutt Award from PETA along with a special ‘doggie bag’ full of vegan dog treats, a comfortable new harness, and a fun toy,” reads a press release by PETA, obtained by The Washington Times.
“Dogs are more than our best friends — as Mole demonstrated, they’re our family members, our protectors, and our heroes,” said PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. “PETA hopes that Mole’s tenacity and care will inspire anyone looking for a dog to head to an animal shelter — they’re full of lovable, wonderful mutts just like Mole.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for 'outside' cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- Michigan man posts Facebook photo of gun he used to rob bank: report
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Redskins free agency: 5 positions to watch
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again