- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Capitals notes: Penguins impress with move for Jarome Iginla
“I can put things in different places at the right time,” Ribeiro said. “I don’t think about it before the game or during the next few days or so. If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen. So we’ll see what this week brings us and then we’ll go from there.”
Ribeiro said he’d be “comfortable” staying with the Caps, but he made clear earlier in the week that he’d prefer a “long-term” deal. Long term to the 33-year-old means four or five years.
Ribeiro is making $5 million in the final season of a five-year contract, and even with the salary cap going down it would be hard to expect Washington’s leading scorer to take a pay cut.
John Erskine (upper-body injury) did not participate in practice Thursday, though Oates said the defenseman was just resting and had not suffered a setback. … Neither Tomas Kundratek (right knee) nor Tom Poti (back) is quite ready to go, though the Caps will have roster decisions to make when one is able to return. … Eric Fehr (upper body) did not practice again, and Oates said the right wing is “a ways away” from playing.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again